Sweet Orange Muffins
I’m not a big fan of savoury muffins, and I don’t like overly sweet, plain muffins. Because I love the tanginess of citrus, these are my favourite sweet muffins. The aroma alone, is incredibly pleasing. I’ve made these several times now from Nigella Lawson’s ‘Quick’ series.
This recipe however has gluten free flour instead of wheat, but feel free to swap around it works both ways.
250g self-raising gluten free flour (or standard flour)
50g of fine cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ a teaspoon baking soda
100g coconut sugar or finely ground caster sugar
150g white chocolate chips (1/2 a cup)
90ml olive oil
1 orange (zest and juice)
A pinch of nutmeg
12 pan muffin tin
- Pre- heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius, set the rack to the centre of the oven
- Mix all dry ingredient in a large bowl, including white chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl mix oil, egg, orange juice and zest and milk.
- Combine liquid ingredients into large bowl with dry ingredients, loosely mix together, but don’t overmix as you are combining, sprinkle in nutmeg.
- If not using muffin tin liners, grease the muffin tray and equally divide mixture into the muffin tray and cook for 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched.